Your Bush & Beach Honeymoon
Combine sea and safari for a romantic escape from USD12500 pp.
Explore one of South Africa’s most renowned game reserves and the sandy beaches of Mozambique’s Bazaruto Archipelago.
Track the Big Five in the Sabi Sand Game Reserve, a place of extraordinary adventure, where a myriad of possibilities weave breath-taking memories around every bend.
In the dappled shade of the bushveld you will find Tengile River Lodge. On the banks of the Sand River there are sweeping river views from every vantage point. Meaning ‘tranquil’ in the local language, the lodge certainly has an advantage over all others in the Sabi Sand Game Reserve.
After your wildlife adventure, pamper yourself with some rest and relaxation in the tropical climate and sunshine of Benguerra Island. Explore the warm waters and marvel at the marine life of the island’s coral reefs on scuba diving expeditions, enjoy the thrill of deep-sea fishing or simply explore the magical setting and soaring dunes of Benguerra.
To paint the perfect ending to a memory you will forever hold deep in your heart, we suggest the romantic castaway picnic. Disappear for an afternoon. You will be ferried by catamaran to your chosen point to the north or south of the island and leave you there for a blissful time of total seclusion.
A table for two under an awning on your very own stretch of beach, complete with a mouth-watering Castaway picnic.
- andBeyond Tengile River Lodge – Suite
- andBeyond Benguerra Island – Casinha
- Welcome and assistance at O.R Tambo International Airport and Vilanculos International Airport Road transfers:
- Skukuza Airport to &Beyond Tengile River Lodge and visa versa
- Scheduled flights:
- O.R Tambo International Airport to Skukuza Airport
- Skukuza Airport to Vilanculos International Airport via Nelspruit
- Vilanculos International Airport to O.R Tambo International Airport
- Helicopter flights:
- Vilanculos International Airport to &Beyond Benguerra Island and visa versa
- All meals, non-alcoholic beverages, and alcoholic beverages (with exception of premium brands and Champagne)
- Two daily scheduled camp activities
- Park fees:
- Sabi Sand Conservation fee
- Sabi Sand Conservation Contribution fee
- Benguerra Island Conservation fee
- Emergency medical evacuation
- Laundry services
- All flights and transfers not specifically included
- Travel Insurance
- Additional optional activities
- Gratuities and all items of a personal nature
- Spa Treatments
Anything else not mentioned above
- The operator may reroute the itinerary or accommodate in similar lodges in case of non-availability.
- Single traveller supplement and child rates will be quoted on request.
- Flight rates are subject to change.
- Validity periods are as specified above; should a booking fall over two rate periods the rate will change, and we reserve the right to re-quote.
- The rates quoted are subject to change without warning if there are any increases in bed levies, park fees, fuel, sales tax or VAT, third-party services, the rand / dollar exchange rate or any other circumstances beyond our control in any country which could influence these,
- Rates are subject to currency fluctuations.
- Tour Through Africa Trading Terms apply.
5 Star AccommodationAirport TransfersAll DrinksBreakfastEmergency medical evacuationFully InclusiveLaundryMeet & Greet servicePark FeesScheduled Fligths
Departure TaxesEntry FeesPersonal Guide
Day 1-4: Sabi Sand Game Reserve
- The Sabi Sand Game Reserve benefits from a great diversity of wildlife including, the Big Five as it neighbours and shares a 50 km (31mi) unfenced boundary with the Kruger National Park. World-renowned for its prolific leopard sightings, strict vehicle limits at sightings ensure the exclusivity of an up-close game viewing experience with game drives traversing an area of 10,500 hectares (26,000 acres).
- Spend the first three nights at the most luxurious lodge in the Sabi Sand, &BEYOND Tengile River Lodge. This magnificent lodge features nine enormous, air-conditioned, secluded suites, each with panoramic river views. In addition to a master bedroom, bathroom and outdoor shower, there is a lounge, dining area, fully stocked bar, coffee station and outdoor seating and dining area that is guaranteed to take your breath away. A private lap pool on your spacious private deck comes complete with a sunken outdoor lounge looking out onto the famed Sand River.
- With one of the richest game populations in the country, the chances of seeing the Big Five of lion, leopard, buffalo, elephant, and rhino are excellent. Set out in an open 4×4 safari vehicle in the company of a ranger and tracker team and seek out wildlife roaming across the terrain.
- Choose from a variety of exciting activities such as twice-daily game drives and evening safaris, interpretive bush and nature walks, birdwatching, star gazing, and private and photographic safaris.
Day 5-9: Benguerra Island
- Arrive in Vilanculos and board a helicopter to the secluded Benguerra Island.
- As the second largest island of the Bazaruto Archipelago, Benguerra offers exceptional opportunities to witness a slice of the very best of Mozambique’s exceptional marine life. (Approximately 10 minutes)
- Warm waters, pristine coral reefs teeming with marine life, idyllic beaches, inland freshwater lakes and towering sand dunes have shaped this adventure haven.
- The lodge lies sheltered within the canopy of an indigenous forest and swaying palm trees. The welcoming guest areas offer views of the lush tropical garden and the ocean beyond. Under the shade of straw-covered wooden awnings, inviting comfortable loungers are set up around the lodge’s rim flow swimming pool. A colourfully decorated traditional wooden dhow has been converted into a picturesque beach bar, while the cool surrounds of the massage sala hold the promise of deep relaxation.
- Put your feet up at for your 4-night stay in a casinha with an ensuite bathroom and outdoor shower.
- Choose to spend your day either scuba diving, snorkelling, on a castaway picnic, dhow cruise, island drive or a horse riding safari – all included during your stay.
- Activities offered at additional cost include fishing and helicopter sightseeing
Day 9: Departure
- Wave a fond farewell as your getaway comes to an end.